Data confidentiality at the CNRS
The CNRS, in its capacity as data controller, informs you that your data is being processed. When certain information is mandatory in order to access specific features of the site, this mandatory nature is indicated at the time the data is collected. If you refuse to provide compulsory information, you may not be able to access certain services
Personal data recorded
Personal data may be collected by https://washington.office.cnrs.fr and by the CNRS Data Protection Officer – Data Protection Department, Site Jean Zay – Bât Ariane 4, 2 rue Jean Zay, 54500 VANDOEUVRE LES NANCY.
IP addresses collected for statistical purposes by the MATOMO software are anonymised, i.e. the first two bytes of an IP address are retained. This process prevents it from being traced back to an individual.
Types of data collected
– surname, first name ;
– the identifier (pseudonym) created for the online account;
– e-mail address.
Data retention period
Data is kept for a period of :
– At the end of an event, the list of data required for registration is deleted;
– After three years of inactivity, personal data is deleted as part of the right to be forgotten;
– Five years maximum, for authenticated contributors who are no longer part of the staff.
Transfer of data outside the European Union
No data is transferred outside the European Union.
In accordance with the applicable legal and regulatory provisions, in particular Act No. 78-17 of 6 January, as amended, relating to data processing, files and individual liberties and European Regulation No. 2016/679/EU of 27 April 2016 (applicable since 25 May 2018), you have the following rights:
Update or delete your data by logging into your account and configuring its settings:
[ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNT]
Exercise your right of access to your personal data:Demander la mise à jour de vos données, si elles sont inexactes ;
- Request the portability or deletion of your data;
- Request the deletion of your account;
- Request that the processing of your data be restricted;
- Object, on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your data;
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your data.
contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contacting our Data Protection Officer
You may also lodge a complaint with our Data Protection Officer, either online or by post:
CNRS – Service Protection des Données
Site Jean Zay – Bât Ariane 4
2 rue Jean Zay
54500 VANDOEUVRE LES NANCY
email : email@example.com
Right to lodge a complaint with the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL)
If, after contacting us, you feel that your rights with regard to Data Processing, Data Files and Individual Liberties have not been respected, you may lodge a complaint online with the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés or by post:
Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL)
3 Place de Fontenoy
75334 PARIS CEDEX 07
Website : https://www.cnil.fr